What I've Been Up To and Stuff to Try
This post has affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission if you follow the link and make a purchase. This is always at no additional cost to you. I'm so grateful for your support. Learn more here.
Here is some of what I'm up to, and what I recommend for you to try this week:
- Testing the Upper Limit - I recently read The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks and I'm fascinated with his idea that we all have an upper limit to our current capacity for happiness. If you feel every time you get a certain level of success, that you sabotage yourself in some way, then this book is a must-read. For me I believe it's really helping me walk out this transition where I'm switching from feeling stuck to being free, but I'm so happy about my new season that I keep wondering if I'm allowed to be this happy, and then I get afraid it won't work and then I'm not as happy and I'm more comfortable. Anyway, I'm walking out fighting that cycle and I think I'm doing well mentally but I am amused that while I never ever get sick, I've had a bad cold basically since my last day at my job Sept 7.
- Figure out what you're an advocate for - I wrote a post, Try This Tip to Breathe Life Into Your Content Strategy, about this last week. What needs to be true for someone to be your ideal client? What do they need to believe? What do they need to value? Create content promoting those things. For one of my friends that's visiting Lake Superior, for another that's taking time to be crafty as a mom. For me that's finding time for your craft and establishing your website, your own spot on the internet, as a creative.
- Watch my Facebook live - And then go do your own. I'm going to go Live on Facebook Mon, Wed, Fri for the month of October. As I figure out what time I'll let you know. This morning's is already up on my page. It's about Why We Should Find Time to Be Creative. And I totally lost my voice at the end and had to tell my child to wait once. Mondays are tricky, but done is better than perfect. Whatever you are wanting to start, just start!
- Becoming the Best You - When you're not sure what to do next, this is my advice. What is one thing you can do right now to become the best you you can be? Do that. This has been gold for me right now because I'm not sure what to do in my business, what should be next, what will work? But I know that becoming my best self will show me the way. Sometimes that means giving Facebook live a go, and sometimes it means slowing down and taking time to stretch or eat a healthy breakfast, or even putting in a load of laundry. Don't go so fast that you neglect important parts of your life, because then success will be hollow. Become your best you so that when you get there, you'll not only love where you are, but also who you are, and who you brought with you. For really practical steps on this, read High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard.
- It's Time to Shine - This is like the same thing, but I want to say something else about it. Actually I want to quote Marianne Williamson: "As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
- Get My Free Dashboard - I may simplify my opt-in and turn this into a course, so get it now while it's free. And share the Analytics Weekly Dashboard with anyone you know who is curious about understanding their analytics account but intimidated by the default reports.
- Be creative - Think outside the box. I continue to be amazed at the tools and online opportunity that is out there. Use instagram stories to start a book club, or a podcast to teach people how to build something. There is so much room to get people's attention by using some of these familiar tools in novel ways. If you come up with something clever, I'd love to hear about it.
Quote of the Week
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Marianne Williamson
Set your fear aside this week and go do something that makes your heart sing.
P.S. If you're interested in working with me, here is my calendar link. Find a time and let's chat about how I can help you understand your traffic and nail down a marketing strategy that will maximize your time and energy.
Get the Free Analytics Dashboard
Demystify Analytics and start getting valuable insight from your traffic data.
I've created a custom analytics dashboard template and a 10 week email course to walk you through using it in just 15 min a week.